Our AGM takes place on Tuesday 13th June, 5pm in C308. Spread the word!
At each Annual General Meeting we elect the branch committee for the following year. We have several vacancies for 2017-18, and invite nominations for all positions. If you are interested in standing or would like to know what is involved, get in touch:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- come to the drop-in advice session every Monday, 12.30-1.30 in B408
- ring the UCU office on x 4839
Please print a copy of the poster below for displaying in your work kitchen, office door, window, notice board, etc.
As you will have read in recent emails from UCU Head Office, the employers have issued their final offer on the 2017/18 pay round.
The branch invites you to attend one of two meetings next Tuesday 9th May, to discuss the pay claim, ask questions, and contribute to City UCU’s response to the UCU consultation on the offer.
Tuesday 9th May
12.30pm and again at 5pm
Read about the specifics of the unions’ joint pay claim here.
Read the full text of the employers’ offer here.
The third and final timetabled negotiating meeting took place through JNCHES on 27 April and the national employers’ representatives UCEA made a final offer, which included an offer of base pay uplift of 1.7%, with higher increases for the lower paid. On other elements:
- gender pay: UCEA has offered to develop some further joint work with the unions
- precarious employment: UCEA want to wait for the outcome of the joint working group that already is considering fixed term and variable hours contracts
- workload/stress: UCEA do not want JNCHES to progress this issue at a UK level
- Scottish sub-committee: UCEA are interested to receive a report from the trade unions on dialogue that takes place in Scotland with Universities Scotland
- external examiners: our claim for minimal rates for external examiners has been rejected.
taken from https://www.ucu.org.uk/article/8691/HE-national-negotiations-2017-18